Saturday 18 October 2014

100days project - one thing. every day. x100

Have you ever given in to the urge to be creative and let it see where it leads you?

Well I have had this experience recently. I joined in the 100daysprojectNZ arranged by Emma Rogan and am pleased to find that surprisingly I have managed to complete the 100th day of the project.

We live such busy lives and before you know it you realise so much time has passed and you've let time to be creative slip away. Last year it suddenly hit me that I always had excuses for not doing creative projects. It was now or never. I decided to set up a stall selling crafts - things I had enjoyed making from recycled bits and experimental sewing projects. Hence the beginning of my blog because I was required to link to a website to display my products. I enjoyed my excursion into markets and met some fascinating people. However, I didn't particularly want to sell things, but make. The creative process fascinates me and I always delight in the unexpected - fortunately so, because often what I am trying to do doesn't always work {laughs!}.

Well I am never going to be a business women, too late for that now and so I decided to take a break from markets. It was around this time that I encountered Instagram. I took Stephanie Somebody's Instagram Debunked course through The School. Megan Morton, Sophie The and Stephanie brought their styling, photography road show to Auckland and lucky us! On my foray into IG, I came across some amazing bloggers, photographers, stylists and designers and others like me, in regular jobs, who needed creative outlets.

So I decided to post my images on IG. My aim was to make simple drawings which I could hopefully turn into some printable images- either by making stamps or stencils. Now that the drawings are finished, the printing phase begins...

I have had such warm responses and made some wonderful connections. These have really spurred me on and encouraged me to keep going (I have to admit that I enjoyed styling the photos as much as doing the drawings!).

So if you are hesitating about trying something new, all I can do is to say
there's no better time than now.

Claudia

PS The 100days project exhibits in Auckland the weekend of  25 October opening that evening at the Thievery Studios, Level 2, Lagonda Building, 203 K-Road, Auckland city centre.



 
 
 

IG photos printed by Origrami

6 comments:

  1. each and every one was a delight - I enjoyed them tremendously...and you also did an excellent job styling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy- so appreciative of your support :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Claudia, I've so loved following this creative journey of yours and congratulations - it's all so tangible now and must feel as amazing as it looks! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amanda - next, the exhibition which will be a whole new experience for me. How's your project coming along x

      Delete
  3. Lovely to get some insight into this project and your motivation after seeing all your wonderful drawings on IG. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Madeline- thanks for the feedback and lovely comments - sometimes you just have to go for it, don't you :) x

      Delete