Saturday 11 December 2021

Let the magic flow …

The other night I had an arrangement with my daughter to decorate the tree. The Christmas music was blearing and the magic Christmas feels were in the air. Then I was called outside.  

Hubby was up a ladder, against the outside of the house, poised precariously, painting. He needed something passing to him.  Fair enough he was up a ladder doing chores and I was having fun

But then, he needed something else, and another, and kept interrupting our decorating flow. AND THEN I had to guide his ‘blind painting’ as he couldn’t see  under the eaves and I could see the area to be painted from the deck alongside. After he clambered down the ladder and looked up, he noticed an unpainted spot. An unpainted grey patch that I hadn’t seen from the angle I was looking at it from and compounded by dusky light ... 

I will leave the rest of the conversation to your imagination and how this played out.

What was meant to be a magical moment with my daughter turned into a frenetic back and fro activity trying to please two people. 


What did I learn? Neither of my family members were satisfied with my distracted involvement and I too was angry and frustrated. (I also learned that doing DIY can be a test of any relationship! :0) 


Anyhoo, next time, I will make sure I communicate my plans to all parties and stick with one thing! These magical Christmas moments are too precious to not be in the moment to enjoy. 


This month’s #2021_creativegrowth theme is  MAGIC,  so make the effort to make magical moments and try not to get distracted like me ;)


Before I sign off, I have some features from November’s  ‘thoughtful’ theme. 

Thanks so much for joining in! 


Rose @roserobertswriter encourages us to consider the gifts of nature and to not take them for granted.  


Laura @laurarivierowilson made a sign to remind us to be grateful accompanied with a beautiful quote by Harold S Kushner “We are here to change the world with small acts of thoughtfulness done daily rather than with one great breakthrough.” 



Marilou @mariloucadizmarshall has given some thought to her online offerings and developed her course to include modern tropical designs. Go Marilou - your courses look amazing!



Jamie @reveriesinblue has explained her still life and all the subtle hidden meanings in the composition which represents the ephemeral nature of life and it's pleasures


Ann @annld60 always has a cheerful floral presence and positive thoughts to share around.



I also ran a giveaway for all November participants and the winner of my 2022 calendar is Rima Berzin @rimaberzin_art_photos

Thanks so much for playing along and I'm sorry you couldn't all be winners!




For this month’s challenge, I’ll echo the words of artist Mati Rose @matiroseart who says, ”show the world your magic” and for the last month of the year, just let your creativity flow and look out for those magic moments!


Have a great month and a safe festive season and see you on the other side of the new year.

Claudia x

No comments:

Post a Comment